Aug 11, 2021
Your host Bryce Henson
interviews young successful entrepreneur AJ Pope, owner of Norwalk
Connecticut’s Fit Body Bootcamp facility. AJ has been passionate
about running a business from a young age and excelled at school,
landing him an internship at Disney World at age 17 where he
learned valuable skills that he shares with us today. Listen
in to hear about what it was like working for Disney, the amazing
training and customer service values they teach. Learn what
it is like to open a gym at a young age and even during a pandemic
on today’s episode.
- 00:50 - Host Bryce introduces today's guest AJ
Pope, owner of Norwalk, Connecticut Fit Body Bootcamp.
- 2:00 - AJ shares his background in marketing
and how he was able to work for Disney World in Florida before the
pandemic after interning at 17 years old.
- 7:10 - Bryce asks AJ to share what it was like
working at Disney, hear about his training and the customer service
skills he acquired.
- 15:30 - AJ shares with us his biggest highlight
and challenge from his experience working at
- 20:30 - Learn about AJ’s journey into
finding Fit Body Bootcamp and opening his own branch with his
- 25:30 - Hear AJ’s experience as an owner of a
Fit Body Bootcamp in his first year and how he was able to open a
gym during the pandemic.
- 31:40 - AJ tells us what it is like
living in New York and running a gym in Connecticut and the reasons
he chose Connecticut to open his facility.
- 34:00 - Learn from a newcomer's point of view
business concepts and challenges running a gym with no prior
- 38:45 - AJ breaks down one of his most exciting
programs at the gym, the “New Year New You” challenge.
- 44:15 - Bryce asks AJ to tell us what his zone
of genius is that has allowed him to be so successful at such a
- 48:40 - Bryce’s Lightning round Q&A. Q:
What was your biggest obstacle as a young kid? A: Feeling like I
needed a road map of what you need to do and where you need to go.
Q: What is the best advice you have received? A: You can sleep when
you're dead. Q: Book recommendation? A: “Man Up” by Bedros
- 52:30 - AJ’s parting wisdom, “Do something that
makes you happy” and be the best of the best.
“Do something that makes you
happy and be the best of the best.”
Follow us on the Socials: