Jun 29, 2022
Your host Bryce Henson
interviews today’s guest Dr.
Gabrielle Lyon. Her specialty in Muscle-Centric Medicine has led
her to be featured in Muscle and Fitness, for women’s and men's health. Her
ground-breaking concepts eliminate unwanted body fat and build
muscle, allowing for continued metabolism boosts and long-term
Learn the keys to eating the
right kinds of food to stimulate your body’s natural
muscle-building process. Hear about the psychology behind weight
loss and diet management. You will definitely want to tune
into today’s show to learn the ins and outs of proper diet and
exercise to get you to the healthiest version of
- 01:05 - Your host Bryce Henson introduces
today’s guest Dr. Gabrielle Lyon. Her specialty in Muscle-Centric
Medicine has led her to be featured in Muscle and Fitness, for women’s and men's health. She is
here today to teach us all about Muscle-Centric Medicine and how to
focus on your metabolism.
- 01:36 - Dr. Gabrielle shares her back story
from earning her undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition from the
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign where she studied vitamin
and mineral metabolism,
- 03:40 - Dr. Gabrielle shares her biggest
takeaway from her studies.
- 06:35 - Bryce asks Dr. Gabrielle to share her
thoughts on our obesity epidemic, follow along to hear her take on
- 08:50 - Learn starting points for bridging the
gap between the medical and fitness professions.
- 14:50 - Hear how the nutritional aspect ties
into the muscle centric focus.
- 19:25 - Dr. Gabrielle shares her top 2
recommendations for clients that come to her for
- 23:46 - Bryce and Dr. Gabrielle, address the
struggle people face, not being able to eat enough
- 25:00 - Listen in as we dive further into the
psychology behind weight loss and self
- 32:40 - Learn about the internal component and
strategies to bring your healthiest self to the
- 36:00 - Dr. Gabrielle touches on hormone health
and how to optimize them.
- 40:15 - Bryce’s famous lightning round Q&A.
Q: What's your biggest passion these days? A: This concept of
Muscle-Centric Medicine. Q: What’s your zone of genius? A: Taking
science and really caring about the person. Q: What was your
proudest moment? A: I’m really proud of my family. Q: What's the
best advice you have received? A: Be really committed to what you
believe in. Q: Best habit? A: Very disciplined to get up and work.
Q: Book Recommendation: I have a Book Club “Freedom Reads,”
currently reading: “Deep Work” by Cal Newport.
- 46:26 - Find Dr. Gabrielle Lyon on IG
@drgabriellelyon and online at www.drgabriellelyon.com.
“Fitness is an amazing place to
start” - Dr. Gabrielle