Mar 23, 2022
Your host Bryce Henson
personal trainer and nutrition coach, Michael Rodriguez. A former
bodybuilder and the owner of the new Herndon Fit Body Boot Camp in
Fresno CA. In 2014, he became debilitated by the West Nile Virus.
Hear about his journey as he suffered through weeks of high fevers,
seizures, tremors, and paralysis. Be inspired through his struggles
with cognitive problems, memory devaluation, and sensory loss and
how he never lost hope.
Tune in for a moving story
through Michael's journey and walk away with gratitude and a
newfound inspiration to keep moving forward.
- 00:45 - Bryce introduces today’s guest
certified personal trainer and nutrition coach. Michael Rodriguez
former bodybuilder and owner of Herndon Fit Body Boot Camp in
- 01:34 - Michael shares his back story from
working in the medical device industry to contracting the West Nile
virus from a mosquito and his journey through it.
- 20:40 - Hear about Michael's moment of bliss
with Father Robert in the gym after leaving recovery.
- 22:50 - Michael had to get back to work, hear
about how he started his new job and the struggles he
- 26:00 - Bryce asks Michael to walk us through
his recovery and how he plotted his course.
- 35:35 - Michael shares his aha moment where he
couldn’t do his dream job. Hear about how he made the shift
and transitioned into personal training.
- 38:10 - Hear about the only reason Michael was
able to survive the West Nile.
- 39:20 - Listen along as Bryce transitions into
how Michael started his own FBBC.
- 47:05 - Bryce asks Michael how he thinks his
level of coaching has been a catalyst to his success.
- 51:56 - Michael shares his zone of genius of
caring and an emotional connection he has to people.
- 54:05 - Bryce’s famous lightning round Q&A.
Q: What is your passion? A: My purpose. Q: Last piece of parting
wisdom? A: Have someone next to you that can do what you can’t and
follow the plan.