Jan 26, 2022
Your host, Bryce Henson
interviews a young and very talented entrepreneur, Mike
Zakarian. Mike built his career in the industry from the
ground up, he is a certified personal trainer, fitness coach, and
proud owner of the very successful East Orange Fit Body Boot
Camp. Mike is one of the coaches in FBBC’s franchise business
coach program, where he leads and teaches other gym owners how to
excel in their business. Learn how Mike propelled himself into the
industry and about his personal trials, tribulations. Listen along
for excellent pieces of wisdom and great tips on Marketing and the
startup process of opening up a new gym.
- 01:16 - Bryce introduces today’s guest,
certified personal trainer, fitness coach, franchise business
coach, and owner of East Orange Fit Body
- 02:02 - Mike shares his backstory from growing
up as a small kid and his first time in a gym as a teen and how it
changed his life.
- 08:42 - Bryce asks Mike to share what it
was like in the first 6 months of starting his franchise from the
ground up as a new owner.
- 13:05 - Get the inside scoop on what it
is for Mike working with his spouse and who did what in the first
6+ months of opening.
- 15:35 - Listen along to learn about
Mike's zone of genius and strengths and what his partner Marlenes
- 17:30 - Hear what Mike's take on marketing is
and what makes it his zone of genius.
- 20:40 - Bryce transitions into the franchise
business coaching program FBBC has and asks Mike to share about the
process of becoming a coach for the program.
- 25:00 - Hear about the commonalities and
differences between coaching clients in the gym and gym
- 27:40 - Mike talks about the nutrition side of
coaching and how he helps his clients with diet and
- 31:16 - Bryce’s famous lightning round Q&A.
Q: What is one of your biggest passions? A: Taking care of our team
to help them support themselves. Q: What is the best advice you
have received? A: To be able to define a problem properly. Q:
What’s your best habit? A: Taking time to prepare for my day. Q:
Book recommendation? A: “Traction” by Gina Wickman.
“Transformation is not a body
transformation, it’s a transformation in their identity