Aug 18, 2021
Your host Bryce Henson
interviews good friend Todd Durkin, a world class trainer, speaker,
author, and founder of Fitness Quest 10. Get an inside look
into how Todd got started in the fitness industry and his
challenges with an intense football injury. Hear about how
his passion for coaching runs deep, where it’s sourced from, and
how it fuels him. Listen along for what he sees for the
fitness industry over the next 18 months and how important
fellowship and health are.
- 00:48 - Our host Bryce introduces today's
guest, world-class trainer, speaker, author, and founder of Fitness
Quest 10 Todd Durkin.
- 2:00 - Hear how Todd mistakenly got into the
industry from a football injury.
- 3:48 - Todd shares how at 27 he went back to
graduate school while struggling to figure out what he wanted to do
while trying to heal his back without surgery.
- 5:16 - 2010 Todd opened his first business,
Fitness Quest 10.
- 11:00 - Bryce asks Todd to share some insight
into what it has been like working with professional
- 16:56 - We learn the difference between
training professional athletes and regular Joes and what they have
- 20:00 - Todd gives us an inside look at all the
different aspects of coaching that he embodies and uses with his
- 25:15 - Learn about Todd’s icon, his high
school coach, and how he put coaching in his soul.
- 33:05 - Bryce asks Todd to share his thoughts
on the adversary and his knee replacement.
- 39:45 - Bryce taps into Todd’s thoughts on
where the fitness industry is going in the near future. Hear
how he predicts an epic return over the next 18 months.
- 45:46 - Listen in for what's next for
- 49:15 - Bryce’s famous lightning round
Q&A: Q: What is your zone of genius? A: Mentoring and writing.
Q: What is the biggest piece of advice you have been given? A:
Don’t make your decisions on what other people think, make it on
what's best for you. The 6 F’s, fear, frustration, and failure are
overcome with faith, forward-thinking, and follow-through. Q: What
is your biggest source of passion? A: Spending time with my family!
Q: Book recommendation? A: “Relationship Grit” by John
- 1:02:55 - Todd imparts some wisdom for those
looking to get started in the industry and to keep those currently
in it motivated.
- 1:05:35 - - Check out Todd’s Books, “Get
Your Mind Right” and “The Wow Book” along with all of his amazing
offerings at www.todddurkin.com
and on Instagram
Fear, frustration, and failure are overcome
with faith, forward-thinking, and follow-through.