Jan 12, 2022
Your host, Bryce Henson
interviews the very successful Erik Van Horn on today's show.
From franchisee to regional developer, and investor to consultant
Erik is a franchising specialist and impressive franchisor.
Listen in today to learn valuable tips and insider info from a
franchisee and franchisor perspective. Bryce and Erik talk about
the franchising industry, get pockets full of useful information
and tools to help you in your own business.
- 01:10 - Bryce introduces today’s guest, a
franchising specialist, expert in multi-brand ownership, and a
franchisor, meet the impressive Mr. Erik Van Horn.
- 02:22 - Hear Erik’s backstory growing up in
South Dakota, his shift from wanting to go to law school into
becoming an entrepreneur.
- 07:45 - Bryce and Erik talk about their
commonality of both being marketers first and foremost.
- 11:35 - Bryce asks Erik to share about owner
operator versus franchisor tactics.
- 15:52 - Erik shares about his business/brand
Liberty Tax and how he grew it.
- 20:35 - Hear Erik’s zone of genius and what he
thinks franchisees' zone of genius should be.
- 26:55 - Bryce asks Erik what the overall value
of the franchising industry is in general and who makes the best
franchisors, hear what he has to say.
- 33:45 - Get a glimpse into some of the
questions about the franchising industry that Erik
- 35:55 - Learn what the investment ranges are
for new incoming franchisors from an investment
- 38:30 - Bryce talks about the franchise
advisory council they created to collect feedback and Erik shares
about brands collecting feedback from their people.
- 41:25 - Bryce and Erik talk about some of the
challenges the franchisee industry faces.
- 44:24 - Bryce’s famous lightning round Q&A:
Q: What is your biggest source of passion? A: Helping people. Q:
What is the best piece of advice you've been given? A: Don’t change
your lifestyle for a year after your income makes a big jump. Q:
Book recommendation? A: “Who not how” by Dan Sullivan and “Source
of Learning” Podcast by Justin Donald.
- 50:15 - Find and follow Erik at
“They need to have that
go-getter mentality ”
Subscribe to our latest podcasts
Follow us here: